People still shop at malls. Even with Amazon and online retailers dominating the market, advertising space at a place like the mall is great. This guide will show you how to get the attention of shoppers using ads for your business.
Something like shopping mall advertising might be one of the best ways to get new customers. You might get a bit of space somewhere to let your target audience know about what you offer. Your business may even be inside the building itself.
If you want to use mall advertising, keep reading. Because you’re going to learn the ins and outs of using this kind of marketing. People still go to the mall depending on where it is in the United States.
So with that said, let’s take a look at an in-depth look at mall advertising.
Believe it or not, there are different types of advertising you will find at the mall. Here are some of the following that you can put to good use:
- Kiosks: Most of these mall kiosks will have advertisements that are back-lit. They can also be LED displays as well. Either way, they can be useful for anyone looking for a good amount of space.
- Wraps: This can be on elevators or escalators. This will be useful in multi-level malls. Since they are in high traffic areas, this is the kind of advertisement that will get plenty of eyeballs.
- Banners: They are displayed in either small or large. They are hung around the mall. You may find these on elevated walkways.
- Sky banners: These are larger than regular banners and hang on the structure of the mall. They can also be found in empty spaces as well. Either way, they are in places where they can catch eyes.
- Spectatulars: These ads are located outdoors and for good reason. They are massive in size. They are seen by motorists and mall customers. These are measured at around 60 feet in width and often used by large brands. They are known to catch a lot of eyes because they are almost impossible to ignore.
- Digital ads: Video or static digital ads. They can be easy to watch because they contain videos or short messages.
- Tabletops: Often found in the food court section of the ball. People will see these while eating or passing through.
Mall advertising has plenty of benefits. So it may be wise not to pass up on the opportunity to try them out when necessary. Here are some of the benefits you can experience:
- Comparison shopping: If you are looking for a certain item, you might get information on how much you spend online versus in-stores. Who knows? Your customers might find an ad in the mall, head over to your place of business and whatever it is from you.
- Entertainment: These ads can capture attention for the purpose of entertainment. It can make your brand stand out and be memorable for customers. This can be used for a certain product or service you are selling.
- Great for quick purchases: You might catch someone’s eye when they need something quick to grab. So your ad offers something that will say ‘get this now, here at this place’ and you’re good to go.
Mall advertisements can be effective if they stay on message and execute on the purpose. Here are some things you can do when you are displaying mall ads for your business:
- Hype up a store opening: If there’s a store opening up soon, you can build up the hype. People will get excited and look forward to checking it out on the day it opens. Who knows? You might have a grand opening sale planned for the first couple of weeks.
- Promos and giveaways: Everyone loves saving up money. Plus, people love signing up for something they could win for free. You’d be silly not to include an ad that will advertise a giveaway for something someone might want.
- Make targeting general: The targeting does not have to be laser focused compared to some ads. Make is general and reaches out to almost everyone.
If you are using mall advertising, your business might get a good amount of customers. If you’re located in the mall itself, it can be most effective since you will be close by. You’d be hard-pressed to advertise your business anywhere else but right in your ‘backyard’.
Some advertisements will be useful. Plus, you can be able to bring in new business with promos and giveaways. Or if you are moving into a new space at the mall, you can advertise for the upcoming grand opening.