Humans require water to survive, and we cannot exist without it. For instance, in order to stay healthy, doctors advise people to consume a minimum of eight glasses of water each day. We use water not only to drink but also to cook, take showers, and clean. In essence, water use is inevitable for everyone. However, due to the exploding population growth, increased water demands, and the increasing prices of water treatment, potable water and clean water for usage are becoming more and more difficult to come by and costly to purchase.
As a result, it is obvious that water costs will keep rising, forcing an increasing number of people to pay high water bills. However, since we cannot stop using it, the only practical option is to make every effort to lower the water expense. There are many ways to lower the water bill and even save money while making water bill payment.
1. Always Shut off the Water
Many people have a tendency to leave the water running even when not in use. For instance, you can conserve a lot of water when taking a bath by shutting off the water while you wash and condition your hair and turning it back on once you are set to rinse. The same should apply while brushing your teeth, bathing your face, and even washing objects in a sink.
2. Repair Leaks
- You should properly inspect your water lines for leakage. Water leakage should not be taken lightly because it may be the cause of your consistently high water bill.
- A faucet drip may appear innocuous or even insignificant, but if the drip persists, it might result in the loss of a few litres of water per day, which could be excessive over the course of a month.
- You might be surprised to learn that if you let a faucet leak go unchecked for a year, it can add up to three months’ worth of utility expenses.
- Repairing water leaks as soon as they appear is a tried-and-true method of lowering your water bill over time.
- To begin with, you must determine what caused the leak. While some causes of water leaks are simple to rectify, others might require the assistance of a licensed plumber.
3. Water Your Garden Early in the Morning or Late at Night
Watering your garden in the early morning or late at night can help you save money on your water bill. Watering during these periods significantly reduces evaporation. Additionally, it promotes the soil’s increased ability to store water, making your plants healthier and requiring less watering overall.
4. Pay Your Water bills Online
- Making your DJB water bill payment Online using trusted payment service providers like MobiKwik is an effective way to save money while spending.
- The platform provides several offers and cashback, which is really beneficial if you are looking to save money while paying your water bill.
- You can save extra money by online water bill payment as you do not have to spend for fuel and other expenses to reach a bill payment centre to make the payment in person.
5. Collect Rainwater
Rainwater collection and use are the most effective ways to lower your water cost. Rainwater harvesting is inexpensive because you only have to implement the necessary equipment. The volume of water you save determines how much water you conserve. If there is enough rainfall in your location or if you can gather a lot of water whenever it rains, collecting rainwater can even assist you in cutting your water bill payment nearly entirely in half.
The water can be used to wash clothes, clean dishes, irrigate your garden, and clean your house. If sufficient hygienic precautions are taken, the water could also be utilized to cook and drink.
6. Use Only Full Loads in Your Dishwasher and Washing Machine
Keeping your dishes and garments clean all the time is normally a habit, but washing dishes and clothes use a lot of water. As an alternative, you can conserve water by waiting till you have a complete load of laundry and dishes before cleaning your dishes and utensils.
In addition to saving water, waiting until there is a full load also enables you to save electricity and money. You could also save water by lowering the water volume in your washing machine and dishwasher.
Any homeowner will profit from innovative water-saving methods, whether they reside in an area with frequent water use limits or not. Everyone should do their share to conserve water. It will be good for the environment and for your wallet too. There are many other ways too, which you can try out to save water and cut down on your DJB water bill payment. Adopting online water bill payment using MobiKwik, which is safe, secure and swift, is also something that you must do, not only to save money but also to enjoy a seamless bill payment.